This examination is covered by the legal framework set out in the Grand Ducal Regulation of 4.11.1994 laying down minimum requirements for work at a computer screen. On the basis of this regulation, employees must benefit from an eye examination and an eyesight test at regular intervals. The ASTF suggests eyesight tests every three to five years.
Eye tests performed
- Distant visual acuity;
- Close visual acuity (reading distance);
- Intermediate visual acuity (distance between screen);
- Colour vision (Ishihara tests).
- To detect any sight disorders (short sight, long sight, hypermetropia);
- To detect disorders of the ocular motor balance (strabism);
- To detect any anomaly in colour vision (colour blindness).
The tests can be performed on the premises of business establishments.
One room of at least 5 meters in length for the optometrist must be provided. Around 10 minutes are needed per person with a maximum of 20 persons per morning and 20 persons per afternoon.
The tests are carried out with your spectacles or contact lenses if you wear them.
After the examination has been performed few practical recommendations for eye exercises and advice on ergonomics at the workplace will be handed to the employee.
Persons concerned : all employees.